This past weekend marked the start of the 2018 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. The NAIAS has been an annual staple of Detroit since 1899 and is one of the largest auto shows in the world. NAIAS is particularly important because the Metro Detroit Area is where you’ll find the headquarters of the Big Three: Ford, Chrysler and General Motors.
This year, the show will run from January 14th to January 28th, with the 20th of January being the opening day for the public, and will showcase until the 28th of January.
This year’s production car introductions are as follows:
- 2019 Audi A7 (US debut)
- 2019 BMW i8 Coupe (refresh)
- 2018 BMW X2
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2019 Ford Edge (refresh), Edge ST
- 2019 Ford Ranger
- 2019 Genesis G70 (US debut)
- 2019 Honda Insight (prototype)
- 2019 Hyundai Veloster
- 2019 Jeep Cherokee (refresh)
- 2019 Kia Forte sedan
- 2019 Lamborghini Urus (US debut)
- 2019 Mercedes-AMG CLS53
- 2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class Grand Edition
- 2019 Mini Hatch (refresh)
- 2019 Ram 1500
- 2019 Rolls Royce Phantom (US debut)
- 2018 Smart Fortwo ED 10th Anniversary Edition (US debut)
- 2019 Toyota Avalon
- 2019 Volkswagen Jetta
- 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT
As well as the concept introductions of:
If you are in the Detroit area this weekend, stop by the show and check out the new vehicles. We’re most excited for the new Ford Ranger, Chevy Silverado (featuring a 3.0L diesel), Jeep Cherokee, Mercedes G Wagen and Ram 1500.
If you want to know more about the North American International Auto Show or are looking for tickets, check out their website.